Friday 20 March 2020

Information for Year 3 Parents

Dear Year 3 children and parents,

I hope you are all keeping safe and well. It's a shame I couldn't have been there for the last few days prior to school closure. Miss you already! I know it's a bit of a challenge at the moment and fingers crossed this will all be over in the near future and we can return to our normal lives.

As promised I have started to prepare work to help with your schooling from a distance. Work will be posted daily Monday to Friday before 9am. I realise that lots of parents may be working from home and need the use of a laptop or computer. The work will include Literacy, Numeracy and one other topic.

As per the newsletter from Mrs Christofi, work can be carried out on Mymaths, Read Theory and Big Maths. Pupils have login access to all these applications. They will also have exercise books to help glue in work or for anything else that they feel needs to be recorded such as maths work, writing, labelled diagrams or pictures.

Mymaths – I will be able to remotely see who has logged on and keep track of progress. Pupils can look at the lessons and then carry out the 'Homework' section. By all means print out if you can to glue in the exercise book provided. I will not always use Mymaths as there will be opportunities to access other free website resources also.

Big Maths - will be used on a Friday only. These include one or two challenges depending on what can be accessed by the child. They only last 10 – 15 minutes and workings can be done to help answer the questions. The work will be automatically saved.

Read Theory – This is for reading comprehension. Pupils will carry out a short assessment to begin with. This will then set the right level type questions based on pieces of writing. The work will be automatically saved.

I can be reached by email to answer any questions as best I can using my Hwb login. Pupils can also save the work they have carried out on Hwb using Microsoft word. They can share and send to my email. The pupils have written this down.

 

I wish you all the very best during these worrying times.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help as I will do the best I can for you.

Regards

Mr Darran Green

 


'This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it.'