Monday 27 April 2020

Reception Class Tuesday 28th March

To the Parents and children of Reception Class.

Good Morning and I hope you are all safe and well.

Please can you start to collect the plastic milk tops or any tops from squash etc. These will be helpful for some maths games at the end of the week.


Literacy

Mrs Garbett's Group.

Recap previous sounds.

New sound- ir (whirl and twirl).

girl, bird, third and twirl

Sentence- I will grab that cash box. Get off my ship.

Only do 1 sentence if struggling. It's best to do one well than struggle with 2. Also don't forget to do a line of 1 letter that your child might be forming in correctly.


Mrs Evans group.

Recap previous sounds.

New sound- ow (blow the snow)

blow, snow, slow and glow

Sentence- A pan with a lid. A doll with a hat.

Only do 1 sentence if struggling. It's best to do one well than struggle with 2. Also don't forget to do a line of 1 letter that your child might be forming in correctly.


Mrs Miles group.

Recap previous words- about 4.

New words- word time 5

yes, win and sock

Perhaps you could write this sentence using tall and short letters for your child to have a go at writing underneath. Encourage your child to point to each word and read the sentence 3 times. I can jog. Also don't forget to do a line of 1 letter that your child might be forming incorrectly.


Don't forget the- high frequency words. Perhaps learn 3 or 4 a week and just keep recapping.

I  go  come  went  a  was  look  there  are  we  and  me  like  going  she  they  my  see  on  away  this  play  no  yes  for  can he  am  all  you  said  to  day  there


Numeracy

Number bonds

I'm going to use pegs, but you could use anything. Also, I will begin with 5 pegs but if your child is able, use 10. Show your child 6 pegs, get them to count by placing in a line and moving as they count. Then get your child to close their eyes whilst you hide 1 peg. How many are missing? Repeat this with other numbers.

All Children- If you have any dominoes, can you find the ones that add up to 10?

Most Children- If you have any farm animals or use something else, for e.g. small world figures. Divide 10 animals into 2 pens. (I know this is a similar activity as yesterday, but it needs lots of practise.

Challenge- I'm sure your child can do this on their own- draw a big flower with 10 petals. Using 2 colours find different ways of making 10.


Topic

Senses

Can you help your child to identify their 5 senses- smell, sight, touch, taste and hearing? Where is each sense located on the body? Can you think of your favourite smell? I am really enjoying the smell of my lilac tree in the garden. Find out some of your families favourite smells. Children are used to touching and feeling things with their fingers, but the whole of our skin is sensitive to touch. Can you play a little game where you close your eyes and feel something and guess what it is? Fruit is a good one to do this with.

On the picture that you drew yesterday, can you label the parts of your body where your senses are?


Creative

I hope your magical potions were fun to create. I would love to know who you cast your spell on. I hope there were no frogs involved!


Make a natural wind chime.

I hope you have been able to collect some sticks or twigs. If you can, collect some loose natural materials that make a sound, such as broken shells, pebbles, hard seeds and also manmade materials such as old buttons or bits of scrap metal. Tie these along a stick, making sure they are close enough to knock together. You can then hang in your garden.


Yoga

River

I am long and flat- Sit tall with our legs out in front of you.

I breathe and flow- Press your hands down and lengthen your back.

I am a water current- Reach your hands to our feet. Hold your toes. I am a river- Stretch your chest out over your legs.

Bend your knees and lengthen your spine before you flow forward. With finesse, fold a little further each time you breathe out. As you hold the pose, imagine you are in warm water and let yourself melt.


Singing

Before we finished school, we were learning to sing, "Somewhere over the Rainbow". If you can, keep learning this song with your family. This song is beautiful.


Weekly Welsh

Beth wyt ti'n hoffi (What do you like?).

Answer- Rwy'n hoffi (I like…). Or

Dw i ddim yn hoffi (I don't like).

Use words-

siocled-chocolate

oren-orange

afal-apple

bisged-biscuit

You can also use the welsh phrases but use English words that you like or dislike. For eg. Rwy'n hoffi…..sprouts.


My email address is- MilesD8@hwbmail.net if you need to contact me.

Thank you and keep yourselves safe.

Mrs Miles


 "I've discovered something better than cake."

"No you haven't," said the boy.

"I have," replied the mole.

"What is it?"

"A hug. It lasts longer."


Charlie Mackesy

 


'This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it.'